Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai OVA
What this is about: Watching all of the anime shows so you don’t have to! For more information about me and my reviews, click here for details on what I am reviewing.
Series Premise: Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai, or “We, Without Wings: Under and Innocent Sky” was a televised anime series that aired between April and June, 2011. This was followed by an Original Video Animation special offered on DVD in June, 2011. The story follows a bunch of people who do a bunch of things (fuck if I know about the plot, and fuck if I care).
Click on the thumbnails below to view the picture in full size in a new window:
ep. tl;dr review: Insipid and substandard fanservice involving a bunch of characters I don’t know anything about.
Spoiler-free Episode Summary: A bunch of girls from the original series go on a trip to a hot springs, where they first show their panties a lot, then run around naked with lotion squirting everywhere for several minutes. As for a plot? We don’t need no stinkin’ plot.
My Impressions: How bad is “Ore-Tsuba”? So awful that when I reviewed the first episode a few months ago, I deemed it the worst show of the season. I still don’t have a clue what the series is actually about (even after reading various online descriptions), other than it involves a harem of lots of girls, painfully gratuitous fanservice, and not much else.
This OVA extra promises “90% more fan-service”, and I suppose that could be true as it quickly devolves into various girls running around completely naked in the hot springs like some Chinese fire-drill, squirting lotion all over like jizz. If you want to see the boobs flopping around everywhere, just click on the images above (the larger-sized ones are uncensored). Not only that, but the fanservice was done poorly — yes, it *is* possible to make naked girls uninteresting and unappealing. They actually found a way.
Forget any concept of plot, forget any semblance of story, because it ain’t here. The whole point of this extra is to give the wiggle-worm wankers who found the original series entertaining something to jerk off to. And they can have it.
- I refuse to link to any Oretachi video. Instead, annoy yourself with Nein-Cat instead.
- Info resources: My Anime List, Anime News Network, AniDB, and Wikipedia.
- If you like this, you might also like: Shuffle or, in all probability, icepicks shoved into both eye sockets.
Sampling of Online Reviews:
- “The show goes on… As we witness some panty shots. And bras. And panty shots. And naked ladies. And more naked ladies. And more naked ladies…O________O WHY THE FUCK AM I EVEN WATCHING THIS?!?!?!?!” – Angry Anime Bitches
- “Simply, this was really a fanservice episode. The sudden appearance of breasts did surprise me, as I hadn’t known that this was uncensored, but that wore off quickly. Without the KEEP OUT tape plastered all over the screen, the various scenes of groping really did reach a new level.” – Days of our Past Megaten Lives
- “You know, just like Asobi ni Iku yo! & High School of The Dead OVA, and many more series, being tagged “OVA” means pseudo-hentai contents. Sometimes OVA are called OAV, perhaps Original Adult Videos?” – Ks-exkurogane
ROUND ONE RESULTS FOR SUMMER 2011 SHOWS:
Thumbs-up for Round One: Busou Shinki: Moon Angel, Blood-C, Mawaru Penguindrum, Kamisama Dolls, No. 6, Dantalian no Shoka, Uta no Prince-sama, Ikoku Meiro no Croisee, Nekogami Yaoyorozu, Kamisama no Memochou, Nurarihyon no Mago Season 2, Natsume Yuujinchou Season 3, Usagi Drop
Thumbs-down for Round One: Double J, Morita-san wa Mukuchi, Mayo Chiki, Nyanpire the Animation, Carnival Phantasm, Copihan, Yuruyuri, The Idolmaster, Sacred Seven, Manyuu Hikenchou, Blade, Higurashi no Naku Koko no Kira, Itsuka Tenma no Kuro Usagi, Twin Angel Twinkle Paradise, Baby Princess 3D: Paradise Love, Rou Kyuu Bu, The World God Only Knows OVA, Sorette Dakara Ne!, Gensou Mangekyou: Memories of Phantasm, Astarotte no Omocha EX, R-15, Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu Season 2, Oretachi ni Tsubasa wa Nai OVA
Coming up next: Tantei Opera Milky Holmes OVA